Monday, August 23, 2010

Random Comments

Hello. I am currently in the middle of quite a few series, and I thought I'd let you know my thoughts on them so far. So here's some pros and cons of what I'm watching at the moment. Enjoy :)

Itazura na Kiss (at episode 5)



Pros: Achieves the difficult task of removing the cliches from a typical shojo high school romcom. Most of the characters are very likeable and fun without being typical anime steryotypes.

Cons: The story itself is not very original. The story where two people hate each other but then end up stuck with each other and fall in love has been used way too many times.









Hayate no Gotoku! (at episode 18)


Pros:
A very original story and tons of fun, likeable characters. Packed full of hillarious and perfectly placed gags and jokes that you would have to be some hardcore humorless goth no to laugh at.

Cons: With a series like this, every episode needs to be as good as (if not better than) the last, and there are certain episodes that fail to satisfy.













Strawberry Panic (at episode 4)


Pros: Cute series that will satisfy the cravings of most yuri fans. the way the school system works is very original, and the scenery is nice.

Cons: All of the characters seem flat and uninteresting. It is very cliche, and every episode seems about the same. Nothing remotely interesting has happened in the story thus far.












Aria the Animation (at episode 7)


Pros:
Wonderfull music and incredible characters. The story idea was original, and the background art pulls you into the story and almost makes you feel like you are there.

Cons: With characters like the ones in this series, the viewers will want to get to know them better. So far, this series has failed to let us venture into their minds.

3 comments:

  1. "With characters like the ones in this series, the viewers will want to get to know them better. So far, this series has failed to let us venture into their minds."

    Apparently, the next 2 seasons help with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you have the time to blog this? I just spent 6 hours working to complete my homework on the first day of school. (No studying included.) You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @freddy13131 I thought so. I'm just judging based on what I've seen so far.

    @Eric My mom works and can't pick me up right after school, so I go to the library. Also one of my classes is really chill so I can do it there too.

    ReplyDelete